POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : does MORAY export this correctly yet?? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  does MORAY export this correctly yet?? (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Dearmad
Subject: does MORAY export this correctly yet??
Date: 7 Mar 1999 18:19:04
Message: <36E30A5D.7E2A7D31@europa.com>
When attaching a light to an object, moray extrapolates the position and
then places the light with the others in the front of the script.  Does
the latest build of moray STILL do this??  It's annoying when you want
to animate something and the transformations get complex because of
CSG's parenting all the down to "great grandchildren."

I want the light to be *included* in the object declaration JUST as I
have placed it in the modeller- I want it actually attached!  grrrrr....

Sorry if I sound angry but I spent about two hours last night trying to
figure out what the h$%^ was going on in an animation involving 750
objects (300 of them in one csg thingy that I don't even want to
contemplate anymore).

At any rate- hand attaching it isn't a problem except that the file is
thousands of lines long and I need to generate hundreds of these things
and yes, *I'M LAZY!*.

So... Lutz, how about it?  What does the latest windows build do and/or
can you make this an option or a fix?

--
Stuff for POLYRAY, some raytraced images, and
DTA can be found at:

Post a reply to this message

> At any rate- hand attaching it isn't a problem except that the file is
> thousands of lines long and I need to generate hundreds of these things
> and yes, *I'M LAZY!*.

Lazy? Lazy? Just the thought of doing this stuff makes the sweat break out
on my brow.

> So... Lutz, how about it?  What does the latest windows build do and/or
> can you make this an option or a fix?
>
> --
> Stuff for POLYRAY, some raytraced images, and
> DTA can be found at:
> http://www.europa.ccom/~dearmad

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

Post a reply to this message

>> At any rate- hand attaching it isn't a problem except that the file is
>> thousands of lines long and I need to generate hundreds of these things
>> and yes, *I'M LAZY!*.

>Lazy? Lazy? Just the thought of doing this stuff makes the sweat break out
>on my brow.

And modellers were made to make this kind of stuff unnnecessary, otherwise
we could just as well hand code everything, not using Moray at all <g>.

--
Rudy Velthuis

Post a reply to this message

> >> At any rate- hand attaching it isn't a problem except that the file is
> >> thousands of lines long and I need to generate hundreds of these things
> >> and yes, *I'M LAZY!*.
>
> >Lazy? Lazy? Just the thought of doing this stuff makes the sweat break out
> >on my brow.
>
> And modellers were made to make this kind of stuff unnnecessary, otherwise
> we could just as well hand code everything, not using Moray at all <g>.
>
> --
> Rudy Velthuis

  You mean to tell me that Moray is a modelling program and not just a
friendly guy that helps everybody with their scenes ? I think I missed
that connection somewhere along the line. I always thought that hand
coding was the only option available. Gee !

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

>> >Lazy? Lazy? Just the thought of doing this stuff makes the sweat break
out
>> >on my brow.
>>
>> And modellers were made to make this kind of stuff unnnecessary,
otherwise
>> we could just as well hand code everything, not using Moray at all <g>.
>>
>> --
>> Rudy Velthuis
>
>  You mean to tell me that Moray is a modelling program and not just a
>friendly guy that helps everybody with their scenes ? I think I missed
>that connection somewhere along the line. I always thought that hand
>coding was the only option available. Gee !

Dunno exactly how to answer this.

What I was trying to say, you don't have to be *lazy* to expect a modeller
to output exactly what you (tried) to input. I think a modeller like Moray
should really keep the light sources in the group, if you can group them
anyway. What's the use of grouping otherwise? So it should either not allow
to group them in, or really keep them there.

But then perhaps I just didn't understand your answer. :-)

BTW Moray is also a kind of fish, afaik.

Post a reply to this message