POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : does MORAY export this correctly yet?? : does MORAY export this correctly yet?? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  does MORAY export this correctly yet??
From: Dearmad
Date: 7 Mar 1999 18:19:04
Message: <36E30A5D.7E2A7D31@europa.com>
When attaching a light to an object, moray extrapolates the position and
then places the light with the others in the front of the script.  Does
the latest build of moray STILL do this??  It's annoying when you want
to animate something and the transformations get complex because of
CSG's parenting all the down to "great grandchildren."

I want the light to be *included* in the object declaration JUST as I
have placed it in the modeller- I want it actually attached!  grrrrr....

Sorry if I sound angry but I spent about two hours last night trying to
figure out what the h$%^ was going on in an animation involving 750
objects (300 of them in one csg thingy that I don't even want to
contemplate anymore).

At any rate- hand attaching it isn't a problem except that the file is
thousands of lines long and I need to generate hundreds of these things
and yes, *I'M LAZY!*.

So... Lutz, how about it?  What does the latest windows build do and/or
can you make this an option or a fix?

--
Stuff for POLYRAY, some raytraced images, and
DTA can be found at: