POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : does MORAY export this correctly yet?? : Re: does MORAY export this correctly yet?? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: does MORAY export this correctly yet??
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 8 Mar 1999 14:58:43
Message: <36e42bf3.0@news.povray.org>
Ken schrieb in Nachricht <36E3D079.BA21A4BE@pacbell.net>...
>Rudy Velthuis wrote:
>>
>> Alex Magidow schrieb in Nachricht <36E342FE.D8753097@mninter.net>...
>> >Dearmad wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> >Lazy? Lazy? Just the thought of doing this stuff makes the sweat break
out
>> >on my brow.
>>
>> And modellers were made to make this kind of stuff unnnecessary,
otherwise
>> we could just as well hand code everything, not using Moray at all <g>.
>>
>> --
>> Rudy Velthuis
>
>  You mean to tell me that Moray is a modelling program and not just a
>friendly guy that helps everybody with their scenes ? I think I missed
>that connection somewhere along the line. I always thought that hand
>coding was the only option available. Gee !

Dunno exactly how to answer this.

What I was trying to say, you don't have to be *lazy* to expect a modeller
to output exactly what you (tried) to input. I think a modeller like Moray
should really keep the light sources in the group, if you can group them
anyway. What's the use of grouping otherwise? So it should either not allow
to group them in, or really keep them there.

But then perhaps I just didn't understand your answer. :-)

BTW Moray is also a kind of fish, afaik.