POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : does MORAY export this correctly yet?? : sorta long explanation... (was my MORAY/LAZY topic) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  sorta long explanation... (was my MORAY/LAZY topic)
From: Dearmad
Date: 8 Mar 1999 23:42:52
Message: <36E4A7C7.C90418B9@europa.com>
You know... I can never start a thread when I want to... and now... :o)

Seriously, Lutz puts out a dman fine program- it's just that he's the
unwitting victim of me using MORAY as a keyframe generator for my
Tweener program, which needs to parse the scripted output (as I have no
access to the .MDL format) and so I NEED, I say I *NEED* to have
CONSISTENCY (sp) in the data so my Tweener program knows where to grab
digits from and how to place them in the heirarchy.  I just noticed that
a light wasn't tracking correctly in a little scene I made and then I
realized *why*.  I have yet to attach anything to the *camera* heaven
forbid and won't bother doing that! ;o)

I've been able to program around a LOT of the little oddities MORAY does
when it outputs scriptfiles but this one was too much for me to think of
a way to let my program figure out where to replace the light so it
tracked correctly in a particularly nasty CSG set that goes about 7
levels deep (due to joint needing to bend a certain way).

-er-  my only little point here is that my "Lazy" paragraph was more a
bow or a nod to Lutz' hard work.  From my perspective as an amateur
programmer I can only imagine the details Lutz must go through for moray
and I wanted him to realize that I wasn't coming across as a whiney
user- I've reg'ed v2.02 DOS and am "upgrading" to v2.5 in a bit, so I'm
behind the times with MORAY anyway!  :o)

-Peter

--
Stuff for POLYRAY, some raytraced images, and
DTA can be found at: