POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Geometric puzzle (Message 112 to 121 of 201)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Geometric puzzle
Date: 17 Dec 2009 02:42:03
Message: <4b29e0cb@news.povray.org>
>> right mouse button click (RMB) - selects
>> left mouse button click (LMB) - changes location of 3D cursor
>
> And I think that there pretty much sums up why people think Blender's
> interface sucks. :-)

Not really, you can change that one around (as I always do).  There's many
other things too though that you can't change :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 17 Dec 2009 04:15:14
Message: <4b29f6a2$1@news.povray.org>
>> Has somebody invented a way of placing points in 3D space even though
>> you only have a 2D edit area yet?
>
> Most 3D modellers I've seen allow you to split the edit area into 4, 3
> viewing orthogonally along each axis, and 1 perspective.  This allows
> you to place points accurately in 3D, and of course check the "real"
> look of the outcome interactively (yes all views update together in
> real-time).

Most of the modellers I've seen *only* work in this way. (Blender
apparently allows you to rejigger the display any way you see fit.)

It's still surprisingly easy to get "lost" in 3D space, or to draw stuff
and then discover you didn't draw what you thought you drew.

Post a reply to this message