POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: scott
Date: 17 Dec 2009 07:02:34
Message: <4b2a1dda$1@news.povray.org>
> Sure. I was just wondering, since Blender doesn't do anything a GPU can't
> do, whether there's some way to use GPU acceleration, that's all.

You mean the Blender internal renderer?  Umm, that's a fully-fledged
raytracer with multiple reflections/refractions, ray traced shadows, ambient
occlusion, all that stuff etc, as you will know from the POV/GPU discussion
these things are quite hard to do on a GPU, if possible at all.

Of course the editor view in Blender is using the GPU, but the materials
that are shown are a limited cut-down version of what will appear in the
render window.