POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Just a passing thought on religion (Message 137 to 146 of 176)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Just a passing thought on religion
Date: 17 Jan 2009 17:27:34
Message: <49725b56$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 17-Jan-09 19:58, Darren New wrote:
>> John VanSickle wrote:
>>> And there is no observation, or combination of observations, which is
>>> inconsistent with the existence of God, nor can there ever be such.
>>
>> First, define God.
>
> Something outside space and time that can not interact with our
> universe. ;)

I'm happy with that definition. In that case, there's neither reason to
believe in it or disbelieve in it. There's certainly no reason to worship
it, pray to it, or tell others what it wants you to do. I'm all for that
kind of religion.  (Incidentally, it's called "deism". Lots of the folks who
founded the USA had that religion.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?