POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Jan 2009 22:07:05
Message: <49729cd9@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>> And there is no observation, or combination of observations, which is
>> inconsistent with the existence of God, nor can there ever be such.
>
> First, define God.
>
>  > All proofs of atheism rest on one or more premises that are assumed
> to be
>> true without evidence.
>
> It's a different kind of proof.  I can prove that distilled water is not
> a significant cause of cancer, but that doesn't lead to absolute certainty.
>
> Plus, most atheists don't claim there is no God, but only that there's
> no reason to think there is.

Or, more to the point, that all the "existing" ones "can be" discounted
for various reasons, not the least being self contradictions,
inconsistencies with the way even religious people agree the world
works, until they need it to "not" work that way, or actually figuring
out where the myths originated, invalidating the claims of when, who and
why they where written.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {