POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Jan 2009 21:30:45
Message: <49729455$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> I think an Atheist maybe would be too rational for a situation like
> this, and try to find a reasonable solution being cold thinking and
> maybe endangering the child, when actually the best solution is go more
> with your feelings on that small time interval. I'm not saying Atheist
> can't love.

No one is rational in a situation like that. And, even if they where,
the "logical" solution is to attempt to move the vehicle anyway, even if
you know you can't, since any other action, including inaction, would
fail. The irony here being, rationally making that decision wouldn't
trigger the same hormonal effect, so it would still fail. But, this only
proves that "irrational" action has benefit, due to how it effects that
brain, not that being "irrational" connects you to some higher power,
which then, while ignoring the purely biological mechanisms involved,
magics things into happening. All your proving is that Vulcans would do
poorly at saving children under cars, while ironically, by invoking the
argument, undermining the intended intended explanation you started with.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {