POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Jan 2009 21:41:28
Message: <497296d8@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Free will. I'd like to kepp on the subject but this is just not going
> well, you make fun of me at some point and that is disrespectful so as I
> don't want to be disrespectful to you back I'm gonna call it quits.
> Sorry to see this ends like this when it was going so well.
>
> Best Regards.

No, making fun of you would be pointing out how many people send letters
to prominent atheists which contain pages of Bible quotes, proclamations
of how wrong they are, which are logically, and even factually,
inconsistent, mixed with statements about how they will burn in hell,
and or, should die, lose their jobs, etc. All of them ending with either
"I will pray for you", "God Bless You", or "Best Regards".  Then saying
something about how much like them you are. You are not though, so I am
just making an observation, not making fun. Most of those people are so
incoherent you can't tell what they are claiming you do do, do think, do
want, or what exactly they think "will" happen to you. Your posts, by
comparison, even if I think you are ignorant when you talk about
atheists, and a bit bigoted, and you are wrong about many things, are
fracking Shakespeare compared to the stuff posted by the average
evangelical I have seen emails and letters from.

But seriously... Spending 5 pages calling them everything from the
antichrist, to a mass murderer, to a liar, and so on, is all "fixed" by
adding "Best Regards" to the end...? Its like being sent a letter by the
Joker, complete with a playing card.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {