POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:40:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Jan 2009 22:04:51
Message: <49729c53$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> I just see it as a phrase that is used in some groups that has no
>> actual meaning. Though I am a bit disturbed by the ominous '...'
>
> I dunno. I leave friends all the time with the admonition "Be well!"
> That doesn't mean that I think they need reminding, or that my well
> wishing will have any specific effect.
>
> Do you also go off on the clerks that tell you "have a nice day" when
> you leave?
>
> Now, if Saul said he'd pray for us to see the light that we're so sadly
> missing before we wind up in Hell, it would be a bit insulting, but
> that's not how I took it. :-)

Ah, yes. But, then "Be Well" isn't all that common in as the final
statement on long tirades about how evil, vile, god hating, monstrous,
murderous and damned you are. "Best Regards" and "I will pray for
you...", among a few others, are. Its, like I said someplace else, a bit
like receiving, "You have been invited to a party!", in the Batman
universe, signed "Joker" and with a playing card in the envelope. You
just know that something bad is lurking nearby (or, in the case of
letters, you probably had to crawl through it, to get to the one
semi-sane thing the wrote, the last sentence). ;) lol

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {