POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Jan 2009 21:58:46
Message: <49729ae6$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> You call me ignorant, I put excuses to delude myself in airy tail
> because Science and specially you have an answer to everything,

Wrong!!! Science is willing to say, "I don't know, lets find out." You
are not. You want answers **now**, and you are willing to take what ever
answer you like best, even if its impossible to test it, rather than
just accept that you don't know yet. All I did say is that you seem to
fail to apply the same, "Hmm, isn't that interesting what the facts say
about evolution...", method to "anything else" in the world where the
Bible doesn't fit what is actually observed to exist, or happen.

> and what
> I see is just a scared man afraid and angry man because someone pointed
> the possibility of a spiritual side of thigs, that Nature didn't make it
> all, right, there are things that don't have and probably will never
> have a rational explanation there (too many to put here and I don't
> recall any now but I have seen many many cases on documentaries and I'm
> sure there is something spiritual if not divine out there) are many
> outthere and you and Darren simply make evry effort not to see them,
> hahahaha and I'm  deluded? oh, think againg, maybe Nature does it all
> but has this non-material side or there is actually a spiritual world
> and you are the ignorant here. but no you and the Atheists are the
> owners of the truth, OK, so be it.

Lets try this again. I don't give a frack what you "believe" you see,
any more than I care what you believe you believe, as long as you are
not trying to make the world "conform" to those things, based solely one
your personal presumption that you are **right** about any of it. You
don't know a damn thing about what effort any of us have, or do, put
into seeing them. You just "assume" you know, because in your tiny
little world, its impossible for someone to not see it, without putting
effort into failing. Nothing you say above is anything but bigotry in
assuming that everyone that doesn't think like you must think they way
**you** imagine they do (which is to say, exactly like you would think,
if you where one of them), and a total and complete refusal to even
"attempt" to see differently. You are not even one of the blind men
trying to describe an elephant, you are the one in the fracking wheel
chair, that refuses to make the effort of "get to" the thing to touch
it, and instead are convinced that they are all touching parts of a bed,
because beds get infested with snakes, are made of wood, and sometimes
use rope to hold up the curtains around them.

You are not just blind to what is going on, you are not even in the same
room while its bloody happening.

> And on all those studies you have, as a very eloquent, logical, rational
> trolling pro, did you made the majored in manners, kindness or do you
> even have a friends and family that you actually love or you are just a
> cold, pedant, disrespectful, longly and scared guy? Oh you stated you
> are not scared... hahaha, yeah, right...

Umm... At this point I have nothing at all to say except, my family and
friends, one of which just recently stated, "I spent a long time sort of
hoping that maybe Christianity was true, but I just can't do that any
more.", say, 'Screw You!' You have, in this conversation, shown no
respect for anything we have said about our own beliefs, about what we
do think, what anyone we have offered as examples think, or anything
else on our side of the matter. In short, what ever respect I *may have*
given you, on loan, in hopes it might be repaid, has just run dry, been
defaulted on, and, if I thought you had any to pay me back with, I would
be calling a mythological lawyer to drag it out of your mythological world.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/11/25/atheist_bashing.jpeg

And all else is silence.

--
void main () {