POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: nemesis
Date: 17 Jan 2009 22:20:00
Message: <web.49729f87c8d70dda181c54940@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> But seriously... Spending 5 pages calling them everything from the
> antichrist, to a mass murderer, to a liar, and so on, is all "fixed" by
> adding "Best Regards" to the end...?

God Bless you. :)

It's not like most Christians or religious people are ignorant, it's that most
of humanity is ignorant (yet still deserving of salvation).  Most atheists are
ignorant too and just enjoy it as an excuse for an orgiastic life of sex, drugs
and consumerism, not like they care for the scientific method or any such crap.
I guess filling the mistery of our apparent senseless existence with material
pleasures is roughly about as good a way as filling it with prayers and
requests to invisible beings.  Human nature...

Still, I understand that many of those who seek spiritual comfort are those that
are the most persistent on a life of sin, lies, cheating, violence.  Who can
deny them to seek forgiveness for their acts, in spite of repetitive failure?