POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Management perception (Message 25 to 34 of 34)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Management perception
Date: 3 Jul 2008 18:58:17
Message: <486d5989$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 16:39:11 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> It just annoys me when some manager says "we should do X". And I
> carefully explain "X is a bad idea because of A, B, C, D, E and F". And
> the manager says "...yeah, well, I don't think those are problems". I
> mean, WTF can you say to that??

"Why don't you see those issues as problems?"

Then point-by-point, explain why A is a problem, B is a problem, and so
on.  Discuss these points with them, don't just give up because they said
"I don't think that's a problem".

For example, if you point out A is a regulatory problem and they say it's
not, ask them how they would explain that to a government auditor,
because that's part of your job, so you need to be able to explain it -
and if you can't, you'll send the auditor to him instead.  Not as a
threat, but because management identified it as a non-issue and you don't
understand why, so you'll have to refer the auditor to someone who *does*
understand why.

Jim

Post a reply to this message