POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jul 2008 05:42:34
Message: <486df08a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well we're not doing that at any other sites, so I don't think it's
>> necessary.
>
> "Well, regulation 10.3.723 subsection b, paragraph 6 says it is required

If only.

The regulations only say that backups have to be taken every day.

If I make too much of a fuss about it, the head IT people will probably
just nominate some random person and promote them to be a member of IT.
(Despite the fact they have no clue what they're doing.) And then I'll
have solved one medium problem and created a large problem...

This is always the worry - rather than do the simple and easy thing that
completely solves the problem, they always want to do something more
complicated that generates new problems. I really hate it!

Still, with a little unauthorised access to centralised systems, I was
able to sort this particular problem out without their help. "The"
sysadmin may be God, but when you have several of them things start to
get... interesting.

(Wasn't there a Pratchey book gooded "small gods" or something?)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/