POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Jul 2008 19:00:59
Message: <486d5a2b$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:24:01 -0700, Darren New wrote:

>> Or when I say "I need to do X", and they say "nah, I don't think that's
>> necessary". Er, well actually, yes it is. But hey, they're not the ones
>> who are going to get screamed at when the auditors can. I am.
>
> Again, "isn't that part of the legal requirements outlined in section
> XYZ of the how-to-make-auditors-like-you manual?"

And then again, you can always take the auditor to them after explaining
to the auditor "Tom here in my management chain doesn't see this as an
issue - perhaps he can explain why better than I can.".  Then take the
auditor to see Tom.

Next time, Tom is more likely to give an explanation.  Of course, he may
also get mad because Andy brought the auditor to him in the first place,
at which point it's appropriate to say "you didn't answer my questions
about this well enough that I could explain it to the auditor, so how
could I answer the auditor's questions?  I can't just make something up."

Maybe Andy should get a job with the auditors instead. <eg>

Jim