POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sunny outdoor lighting Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Sunny outdoor lighting (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Nicolas George
Subject: Sunny outdoor lighting
Date: 22 Oct 2007 05:37:59
Message: <471c6f77@news.povray.org>
Hi.

This is probably a FAQ, but I can not manage to find its answer.

I am looking for light settings for a sunny outdoor scene: deep blue sky,
sharp shadows, but the parts in the shadow must still be visible.

My base scene has this:

light_source { <100000, 100000, -100000> rgb 2 }
sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y
    color_map {
      [ 0.0 rgb <0.9, 0.9, 1> ]
      [ 0.5 rgb <0.3, 0.3, 1> ]
    }
  }
}

The best I could do was to set the global_settings ambient_light to 3 and
default radiosity, but I am not entirely satisfied, because the blue tint of
the sky is distinctly visible.

Can someone give me some advice, please?

Post a reply to this message