POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sunny outdoor lighting : Re: Sunny outdoor lighting Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunny outdoor lighting
From: Alain
Date: 22 Oct 2007 12:11:17
Message: <471ccba5$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/22 07:34:
> "Bill Pragnell"  wrote in message
> <web.471c85bad8eb8586731f01d10@news.povray.org>:
>> However, you can adjust gray_threshold in the radiosity settings. This
>> specifies how much colour to include in the radiosity calculations (1 = no
>> colours, 0 = full colour radiosity).
>
> Thanks, that does exactly what I was hoping.
>
>> 					Obviously, if you get rid of the sky
>> colour you will also lose colours emitted from nearby objects, so you can't
>> have it both ways I'm afraid!
>
> That is ok for me in that particular scene.
>
> As a more theoretical question, would it be possible, with the radiosity
> algorithm, to have different gray_threshold for each object?
>
>> One more point - it's best to set all objects' ambient to 0, otherwise they
>> actively emit light in radiosity calculations.
>
> Is it enough to set the global_settings ambient_light to 0, or is it
> necessary to add a finish { ambient 0 } to each object in the scene.

Beter to use:
#default{finish{ambient 0}} and to override the provided ambient of ready-made
finishes to ambient 0.

Seting ambient_lights 0 will also turn off any lighting by high ambient object
you may have.

--
Alain
  "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a pool."