POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sunny outdoor lighting : Re: Sunny outdoor lighting Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunny outdoor lighting
From: Warp
Date: 22 Oct 2007 06:01:22
Message: <471c74f2@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George <nicolas$george@salle-s.org> wrote:
> The best I could do was to set the global_settings ambient_light to 3 and
> default radiosity, but I am not entirely satisfied, because the blue tint of
> the sky is distinctly visible.

  Well, if there isn't anything else to reflect than the blue sky, then of
course objects will get a blue tint. This is realistic. For example,
consider this image (rendered with povray):

http://warp.povusers.org/sponza.jpg

  Observe how the upper parts of the walls have a blue tint because of the
sky. I wouldn't call it unrealistic.

  If you want some other tint, you have to put some other objects around
the scene.

--
                                                          - Warp