POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : metal Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  metal (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Bob Findlay
Subject: metal
Date: 25 Jul 1999 14:21:00
Message: <379B55FB.345373B4@gateway.net>
pov needs a feature that lets objects have metallic scratches like look
at the hood of a car all the little round lines that move with the light
as well as a way to make the edges of objects a different texture
(easily) so that you can make it look like the paint is worn off.

Post a reply to this message

> pov needs a feature that lets objects have metallic scratches like look
> at the hood of a car all the little round lines that move with the light
> as well as a way to make the edges of objects a different texture
> (easily) so that you can make it look like the paint is worn off.

Try bump maps.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net