POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : metal : Re: metal Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: metal
From: Lance Birch
Date: 26 Jul 1999 08:16:17
Message: <379c5191@news.povray.org>
>> Sounds like that anisotropic shading stuff that Lance is burning our
>> years about :) Hey, if MAX can do it, POV can do it too!

Yup, that's the stuff!!!  ;-)

>It should be simple enough to do provided you have uv values for a surface.
>I think you need to have that first before you can start adding anisotropic
>stuff though.

Actually got anistrophy you don't need them, it's just another shading type
dependant on surface normals, it doesn't have anything to do with UV
co-ords.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind