POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : metal : Re: metal Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: metal
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Jul 1999 15:50:42
Message: <379b6981.57924299@204.213.191.228>
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 11:22:51 -0700, Bob Findlay <rbf### [at] gatewaynet>
wrote:

>pov needs a feature that lets objects have metallic scratches like look
>at the hood of a car all the little round lines that move with the light
>as well as a way to make the edges of objects a different texture
>(easily) so that you can make it look like the paint is worn off.

Sounds like that anisotropic shading stuff that Lance is burning our
years about :) Hey, if MAX can do it, POV can do it too!

Meanwhile I'd try 10 or 20 or 100 averaged randomly placed onion
triangle_wave normals. Should work.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700