POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Testing real-time raytracing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:02 EDT (-0400)
  Testing real-time raytracing (Message 11 to 20 of 40)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Testing real-time raytracing
Date: 1 Nov 2006 09:02:13
Message: <4548a8e5$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I wonder if this can be possible without the need to recalculate
> light buffers and such. (Did 3.7 have light buffers?)

No, light buffers are gone for good. they only added problems, and very,
very little benefit (less than 1%). Effectively, in most scenes using
bounding method 2 (BSP tree), you gain more than you could with light
buffers. Of course, as always, there are a few exceptions, but too few to
make light buffers worthwhile.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message