POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CSG planes ++render time? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  CSG planes ++render time? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: CSG planes ++render time?
Date: 2 Oct 1998 15:37:56
Message: <36151E3A.C88A1255@aol.com>
Perhaps this question is not about animations, per se, but I'm trying to
follow a select few of these povray newsgroups.

I am working on an animation.  I had the characters running on a plane.
The render time for 50 frames was maybe 12 hours. I wanted to make them
running instead on one long narrow strip.   I set up some CSG with the
plane, by looking at the intersection of three planes.   The render time
increased to over 24 hours.   I don't have the parsing vs. true render
time, etc., in front of me.  Does CSG with infinite objects greatly
increase overall render time?

Would a 2000 unit long box take less render time than a CSG'ed plane?

________________
Greg M. Johnson
"Volunteer firefighters is fine, ma'am, but don't tell me
there ain't nobody burnin' in that buildin'," said the Fire Chief to the
Libertarian Lady.

Post a reply to this message

> Perhaps this question is not about animations, per se, but I'm trying to
> follow a select few of these povray newsgroups.
>
> I am working on an animation.  I had the characters running on a plane.
> The render time for 50 frames was maybe 12 hours. I wanted to make them
> running instead on one long narrow strip.   I set up some CSG with the
> plane, by looking at the intersection of three planes.   The render time
> increased to over 24 hours.   I don't have the parsing vs. true render
> time, etc., in front of me.  Does CSG with infinite objects greatly
> increase overall render time?
>
> Would a 2000 unit long box take less render time than a CSG'ed plane?

> Greg M. Johnson
> "Volunteer firefighters is fine, ma'am, but don't tell me
> there ain't nobody burnin' in that buildin'," said the Fire Chief to the
> Libertarian Lady.

Yes.
To make it even worse true adding reflection or transparancy.

Remco

Post a reply to this message