POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CSG planes ++render time? : Re: CSG planes ++render time? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG planes ++render time?
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 2 Oct 1998 16:33:22
Message: <36153929.E0B82AB2@xs4all.nl>
>     You might also try a difference instead of an
> intersection.
>
> Ken Tyler

I'm a relative newcomer with POV but I've had some experiences with CSG
and found that especially difference took a very long time to render. I
didn't expect that, nor did I expect blobs to be quite fast in
comparison. I must add that I'm working on some images using differences
with non-primitive forms. I guess that makes it even more complicated.

Is there any 'rule of thumb' in this?

Remco