POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CSG planes ++render time? : CSG planes ++render time? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  CSG planes ++render time?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 2 Oct 1998 15:37:56
Message: <36151E3A.C88A1255@aol.com>
Perhaps this question is not about animations, per se, but I'm trying to
follow a select few of these povray newsgroups.

I am working on an animation.  I had the characters running on a plane.
The render time for 50 frames was maybe 12 hours. I wanted to make them
running instead on one long narrow strip.   I set up some CSG with the
plane, by looking at the intersection of three planes.   The render time
increased to over 24 hours.   I don't have the parsing vs. true render
time, etc., in front of me.  Does CSG with infinite objects greatly
increase overall render time?

Would a 2000 unit long box take less render time than a CSG'ed plane?

Greg M. Johnson
"Volunteer firefighters is fine, ma'am, but don't tell me
there ain't nobody burnin' in that buildin'," said the Fire Chief to the
Libertarian Lady.