POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Ubuntu?? Server Time
3 Jun 2024 05:53:01 EDT (-0400)
  Ubuntu?? (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Ubuntu??
Date: 24 Apr 2007 23:27:38
Message: <pan.2007.04.25.03.27.30.397747@nospam.com>
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:28:58 -0300, Jim Holsenback wrote:

> "Ross" <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote in message
>> On a side note, I also started using GnuCash and the OpenOffice
>> spreadsheet.
>> Both work quite nicely.
>
> ah ... good to hear .... once up and running I'll need to migrate from
> excel/access/money .... yep I bought into the MS thing hook, line and
> sinker. good feedback ..... Thanks

I've only been using OpenOffice for nearly 2 years now - I have an MSDN
subscription and had Excel installed under Crossover Office for a short
period of time, but everything I do now is in OpenOffice 2.

The only things I use Windows for any more are running Moray, occasional
things where I absolutely must use IE for something (like apparently
applying for an Amex card - if you use FF, at least in my experience, you
fill out the online application and it says "sorry, we can't contact our
backend systems", but if you use IE it works *every time*.  Go figure),
and ATM also using the Blackberry Desktop since there's no Linux
equivalent - but once I'm on our BES at work, I can ditch the desktop as
well.

Jim

Post a reply to this message