POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Ubuntu?? : Re: Ubuntu?? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:53:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ubuntu??
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 7 May 2007 18:20:01
Message: <web.463fa57d53ebc7959257036a0@news.povray.org>
> My povray setup involves typing the scenes in vi (syntax highlight, word
> completion, keyboard macros etc) and calling my custom povscript from the
> shell to render the scene.  Fast and lean...
>
> It's a good alternative to get away from the M$ blackhole.

Indeed.

I just scrubbed Vista off what was my M$ Slutbox, and installed Fiesty Fawn.
I'm still looking for a solution for my PCB and Schematic tools which run
under dos, but other than that, I like it.

I subscribe to the MAP program, so I get MS office, OS, and server products
for "free", and I still don't think they are worth using.  That should tell
you something.   Vista was about the most unimpressive "upgrade" I've ever
seen.
Move 11G between two fast hard drives, would you believe SEVEN HOURS?