POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Ubuntu?? : Re: Ubuntu?? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:49:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ubuntu??
From: Shay
Date: 31 Oct 2007 08:17:52
Message: <47288080$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:
> Hola,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with Ubuntu's version of Linux?

Used Mepis during the time when Mepis was using the Ubuntu repositories.
I had some trouble getting "regular" Debian packages to work. No method
of installing Pixie didn't screw up my system.

That has been my only taste of Ubuntu, but it was a sour taste. Mepis,
now using the Debian repositories, is another user-friendly,
out-of-the-box distro very similar (I believe) to Kubuntu.

  -Shay