POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 Server Time
2 May 2024 20:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1
Date: 4 May 2005 05:35:02
Message: <d5a4nd$r30$1@chho.imagico.de>
KIO-POV is a KDE IO-Slave that provides an interface to POV-Ray.

For those who do not know about KDE - KIO-Slaves are the mechanism KDE
programs use to access files.  Using network KIO-Slaves you can for
example directly edit a file on an ftp server just like you do with a
local file.  Same for accessing a file in a zip archive.  KIO-POV does
the same for POV-Ray and rendering of scenes, for example opening:

pov:/usr/local/share/povray-3.6/scenes/advanced/biscuit.pov?render

will render that scene and return the PNG image.  Other options allow
you to view the render log, scene file information and information about
the POV-Ray configuration.  MegaPOV is supported as well.  A caching
mechanism is implemented so accessing the same render twice will not
render the scene again.

To build KIO-POV you need the development files of KDE (any relatively
new KDE version should work).  If you install KDE via your distribution
package management this means you need the -devel packages, if you build
KDE from source you don't need anything.

Source package and a screenshot of the scene info mode can be found on:

http://www.imagico.de/kiopov/

Feedback if it works and is useful would be great.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> pov:/usr/local/share/povray-3.6/scenes/advanced/biscuit.pov?render

	Cool!
	That should help people setting online rendering engines I presume.

> http://www.imagico.de/kiopov/

	Yoy and you also got a brand-new url  :-p

	- NC

Post a reply to this message