POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 : Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 Server Time
17 May 2024 05:34:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 17 May 2005 12:28:47
Message: <428a1bbf$1@news.povray.org>
> You can remote control konqueror quite well:
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/automation/index.html
Thanks, I'll check into that.

>> [Empty README]
>>
>>>try help:/kiopov/
>>
>> Okay, perhaps that could go into the README ;)
>
> Well - putting the complete docs into the readme does not make that much
> sense...

I only suggested to put the link into the REAMDE :)

[Thumbnails]
> But when should the thumbnail be created?  Doing so for a large image
> can take some time - esp. if the image is stored on a volume with slow
> access.  Would you rather wait longer after the render or when calling
> the info mode?
Would it be possible to do it in the background? And do you really think
it would take such a long time? If it's too long for you, you could add
another option, called sth. like "max_thumbnail_dimension". For images
bigger than that, no thumbnails would be created.

[Missing images]
>> Another small thing I just mentioned is that the images botton_left.png
>> and top_left.png are not shown.
>
> Might be that those only work in KDE 3.4.
Just checked some other 3.3 KDE help files. They don't display anything
like that. I guess I have no problem living with these images missing ;)

[Missing links]
> The library path settings are determined from a POV-Ray test run.  The
> problem here is that include files in the same directory are not linked
> - that should be changed of course.
Your one-line patch fixes that. Thanks!

The scene description field in your info page is a nice thing, too. I
thought about writing something like JavaDoc for POV-Ray scenes (nothing
too complicated, though).

Florian
--
camera{look_at-y*10location<8,-3,-8>*10}#local a=0;#while(a<999)sphere{
#local _=.01*a-4.99;#local p=a*.01-5;#local c=.01*a-4.995;<sin(p*pi)*5p