POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 : Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 Server Time
17 May 2024 05:53:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 16 May 2005 06:29:31
Message: <4288760b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Christoph!

I tried kiopov yesterday. Installation went smooth once I pointed the
configure script to the right KDE version (using 3.3 here). Here are my
first impressions:

- Is there a way to show the info mode when clicking on a file? It works
when I use a "pov:/" URL in the konqueror bar, but I'd like it to open
automagically if I click on a file, or say, via an entry in the context
menu. I couldn't find kiopov in the list of installed extensions, should
it be there?

- The README file is empty over here and the INSTALL file seems to be a
standard one from configure or make. It would have been nice to read
some kiopov specific stuff :)

- The thing which definitely not works with my setup here is: I got
Mozilla set up as default browser. Everytime I click on a link in a
kiopov info page (which is shown in Konqueror), the link target is saved
in a cache and Mozilla is called. But Mozilla just complains about XML
errors in the cached page. Is there a way to follow the links in
Konqueror? This might not be a kiopov problem, it's the same with the
whole KDE help etc. over here :(

- When trying to fix the issue above, I managed to set things up in a
way that when I clicked on the MegaPOV link in kiopov, Konqueror after
Konqueror was fired up, pointing at the MegaPOV site. Could only start
it by restarting KDE :( The error could be reproduced, but it's gone now oO

- This tool would be even more useful if it'd display the rendered image
on the info page (when there's a rendered image). Perhaps shrink big
images to fit. Because that's often the most interesting question when
regarding a pov file: What does the render look like? And yes, I'm lazy
and clicking on the "Show rendered image" link is too much work :)

HTH,
Florian
--
camera{look_at-y*10location<8,-3,-8>*10}#local a=0;#while(a<999)sphere{
#local _=.01*a-4.99;#local p=a*.01-5;#local c=.01*a-4.995;<sin(p*pi)*5p