POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 : Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 Server Time
17 May 2024 06:40:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 May 2005 04:10:02
Message: <d6c8ra$3kb$1@chho.imagico.de>
Florian Brucker wrote:

> #/bin/bash
> konqueror pov:$1
>
> And simply tell Konqueror to use it when opening *.pov files. It will
> open in a new window, though, as I have not found any information about
> remote commands like the ones Mozilla features (All KDE help files seem
> to be written for the complete dummies, leaving out all the interesting
> stuff oO).

You can remote control konqueror quite well:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/automation/index.html

but the problem here is to determine which instance of konqueror you
want to use - if there are 20 windows open that's not so easy...

> [Empty README]
>
>>try help:/kiopov/
>
> Okay, perhaps that could go into the README ;)

Well - putting the complete docs into the readme does not make that much
sense...

Writing a short README would of course be a good idea.

> The thumbnail would not have to be that big. 320x240 would be big
> enough. Perhaps let the user decide: Give a width and height, every
> image below these will displayed as is, all others will get thumbnails
> created with these dimensions. You could always add an option to disable
> displaying images alltogether if someone wants that.

But when should the thumbnail be created?  Doing so for a large image
can take some time - esp. if the image is stored on a volume with slow
access.  Would you rather wait longer after the render or when calling
the info mode?

> Another small thing I just mentioned is that the images botton_left.png
> and top_left.png are not shown.

Might be that those only work in KDE 3.4.

> One more feature request: Why does kiopov only display some of the
> include files as links? First I thought only standard ones would be
> displayed as links, but functions.inc is not displayed as link in the
> info page of math.inc. It would be nice to have all include files as
> links. Searching the library paths given in the default POV ini should
> turn up most of them...

The library path settings are determined from a POV-Ray test run.  The
problem here is that include files in the same directory are not linked
- that should be changed of course.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______