POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 : Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1 Server Time
17 May 2024 07:53:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [announce] KIO-POV 0.1
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 16 May 2005 18:20:56
Message: <42891cc8$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for filling me in on the difference between a KIO slave and a
KPart. Never been much into KDE internals :)

A quick hack for showing the info page when clicking on a file is to
create a script:

#/bin/bash
konqueror pov:$1

And simply tell Konqueror to use it when opening *.pov files. It will
open in a new window, though, as I have not found any information about
remote commands like the ones Mozilla features (All KDE help files seem
to be written for the complete dummies, leaving out all the interesting
stuff oO).

[Empty README]
> try help:/kiopov/
Okay, perhaps that could go into the README ;)

[Pages open in Mozilla]
Setting Konqueror as the default app for html-files fixed it. Not sure
if I like it, though. Will have to dig into this some more.

[Image display]
> The problem about this is that there are two possibilities:
> - shrink the image only in display which will result in long loading
> times and high memory use for large images.
> - always generate an additional 'thumbnail' after rendering for this
> (which will result slower operation of the render mode).
The thumbnail would not have to be that big. 320x240 would be big
enough. Perhaps let the user decide: Give a width and height, every
image below these will displayed as is, all others will get thumbnails
created with these dimensions. You could always add an option to disable
displaying images alltogether if someone wants that.
Having the render stats displayed inline would be cool, too, but I can
understand that that would perhaps clutter the info window a bit...

Another small thing I just mentioned is that the images botton_left.png
and top_left.png are not shown.

One more feature request: Why does kiopov only display some of the
include files as links? First I thought only standard ones would be
displayed as links, but functions.inc is not displayed as link in the
info page of math.inc. It would be nice to have all include files as
links. Searching the library paths given in the default POV ini should
turn up most of them...

Now that I got it working with a single click, I really like this
software. Keep it up!

Florian
--
camera{look_at-y*10location<8,-3,-8>*10}#local a=0;#while(a<999)sphere{
#local _=.01*a-4.99;#local p=a*.01-5;#local c=.01*a-4.995;<sin(p*pi)*5p