POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV RAY Update Server Time
2 May 2024 14:01:18 EDT (-0400)
  POV RAY Update (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: tomuk07
Subject: POV RAY Update
Date: 27 Feb 2007 15:05:00
Message: <web.45e48e6ae6008752331130930@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm a newbie here! But I've used POV ever since the Atari ST!

I have an idea,it would be great to really update POV Ray,
from its normal C format to .NET 2.0. Its a bit of task, although I am
programmer, I haven't taken on any really big projects like this.I wouldn't
know where to start with this. It shouldn't be too difficult, because Quake
2 was written in C and they ported it over to .NET first by updating it to
C++ then adding .NET Support.

Here is a link to the Code Project article concerning Quake 2.NET. ->
http://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/quake2.asp

Let me know what you think.

Tom

Post a reply to this message

"tomuk07" <Tom### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a newbie here! But I've used POV ever since the Atari ST!
>
> I have an idea,it would be great to really update POV Ray,
> from its normal C format to .NET 2.0. Its a bit of task, although I am
> programmer, I haven't taken on any really big projects like this.I wouldn't
> know where to start with this. It shouldn't be too difficult, because Quake
> 2 was written in C and they ported it over to .NET first by updating it to
> C++ then adding .NET Support.
>
> Here is a link to the Code Project article concerning Quake 2.NET. ->
> http://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/quake2.asp
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Tom

Huh, already found the answer in this thread :
http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/thread/%3C44801e1a%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

Damn, cant go OO huh, shame!

Tom

Post a reply to this message