POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV RAY Update : POV RAY Update Server Time
17 May 2024 05:52:36 EDT (-0400)
  POV RAY Update
From: tomuk07
Date: 27 Feb 2007 15:05:00
Message: <web.45e48e6ae6008752331130930@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm a newbie here! But I've used POV ever since the Atari ST!

I have an idea,it would be great to really update POV Ray,
from its normal C format to .NET 2.0. Its a bit of task, although I am
programmer, I haven't taken on any really big projects like this.I wouldn't
know where to start with this. It shouldn't be too difficult, because Quake
2 was written in C and they ported it over to .NET first by updating it to
C++ then adding .NET Support.

Here is a link to the Code Project article concerning Quake 2.NET. ->
http://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/quake2.asp

Let me know what you think.

Tom