POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV RAY Update : Re: POV RAY Update Server Time
17 May 2024 06:02:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV RAY Update
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 27 Feb 2007 16:54:11
Message: <45e4a883$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/27/2007 10:46 PM, Christian Froeschlin nous fit lire :
> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>
>> here). There is no reason to use that proprietary class library and those
>> language extensions in any software other than locking it to Microsoft
>> operating systems.
>
> Actually, I tried Mono under Linux and it works like a charm.
> Of course, that applies to C# and not mixed-mode C++. Not that
> it would make a lot of sense to port POV-Ray to C#, except maybe
> the Windows GUI (in that area, it might simplify development
> and enable it to run under Linux as well).

There is more under the sun for Povray than Linux and Microsoft.
Adding dependencies to external code/library is just asking for
troubles and lost of users.

--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.