POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV RAY Update : Re: POV RAY Update Server Time
17 May 2024 04:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV RAY Update
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Feb 2007 16:47:34
Message: <45e4a6f6$1@news.povray.org>
tomuk07 wrote:
> I can program. I spend 5 years in College learning Programming from
> languages Pascal to Visual Basic. I'm really interested in OOP though.
>
> I've tried Java and C++ but lack the experience of working on a commercial
> project, and no one wants to employ a unexperienced guy, Catch 22 (Can't
> get a job without experience, cant get experience without a job).

Hmm, I am not sure there is a way to put this nicely: If you make statements
like  you made in this thread in a job interview, nobody who knows anything
about programming will hire you. Further, if you were really taught more
than one programming language of the same type, your education, well ... you
should have learned about algorithm theory, logic, mathematics, computer
architecture and various other topics at least 90% of your education.
Programming is not something that should have been a focus of your education
at all - it is something you will have learned as a "by the way" kind of
thing after the first year of study, and mostly on your own as a
prerequisite in advanced courses. If you did not, unfortunately you have a
very small chance to get a good job currently.

	Thorsten