POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Profiling of benchmark.pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Profiling of benchmark.pov (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: William F  Pokorny
Subject: Profiling of benchmark.pov
Date: 2 Sep 2002 08:54:27
Message: <3D735F82.3E0FD4F0@attglobal.net>
Thorsten,
Here is what I see for benchmark.pov :

19.3% ==> A profiling counter routine.
15.6% ==> Noise
11.1% ==> DNoise
10.9% ==> __itrunc
6.9%  ==> POVFPU_RunDefault
2.3%  ==> More profiling
1.9%  ==> f_ridged_mf
1.5%  ==> MInvTransPoint
1.3%  ==> Compute_pigment
1.2%  ==> Warp_EPoint
1.0%  ==> sample_media
1.0%  ==> DTurbulence
1.0%  ==> Evaluate_TPat
0.9%  ==> drem.c
0.9%  ==> __start
0.9%  ==> wrinkles_pattern
0.8%  ==> exp.c
0.8%  ==> IsoSurface_Function_Find_Root_R
0.8%  ==> Simulate_Media
0.8%  ==> Check_And_Enqueue
0.8%  ==> Intersect_BBox_Tree
0.8%  ==> sqrt

Given the "Time for Photon" below I expected more photon related routines near
the top??? And to answer Warp's query about optics.pov almost all of the time
was spent in the rendering phase.

Time For Parse:    0 hours  0 minutes  21.0 seconds (21 seconds)
Time For Photon:   0 hours  4 minutes   5.0 seconds (245 seconds)
Time For Trace:    0 hours  8 minutes  51.0 seconds (531 seconds)
    Total Time:    0 hours 13 minutes  17.0 seconds (797 seconds)

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message