POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Profiling of benchmark.pov : Re: Profiling of benchmark.pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Profiling of benchmark.pov
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Sep 2002 10:20:15
Message: <3D76169E.3E93AD29@gmx.de>
Micha Riser wrote:

> What exactly is noise and where is it everywhere used? For some patterns?
> Is it used for 'turbulence' (if not how is that implemented)?
>
> Can anybody give me some pointers about this rendertime-consuming thing?

It is used for most patterns with random structure (like bozo/bumps,
dents, wrinkles, granite, etc. but not in crackle), in turbulence and in
some functions.

The benchmark scene is heavily using the noise function, especially
because of the media sky and the RMF isosurface ground.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______