POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Profiling of benchmark.pov : Re: Profiling of benchmark.pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Profiling of benchmark.pov
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Sep 2002 09:50:25
Message: <3D736CA0.FB48E727@gmx.de>
"William F. Pokorny" wrote:

> Thorsten,
> Here is what I see for benchmark.pov :
>
> [...]

Interesting, i would have expected to see crackle_pattern() occur
somewhere, after all it is used for the textures of a lot of objects.

> Given the "Time for Photon" below I expected more photon related routines near
> the top??? And to answer Warp's query about optics.pov almost all of the time
> was spent in the rendering phase.

I suppose most of the time shooting photons is not spent in photon
specific code but in the general tracing routines.  The scene is much less
photons intensive than 'optics.pov' during rendering, try activating
photons on the water and this will probably change...

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______