POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Possible problem in Mac source Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Possible problem in Mac source (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Possible problem in Mac source
Date: 13 Nov 1999 16:29:35
Message: <382DD8EA.259EDEF8@compuserve.com>
I have been trying to compile a Mac version of UVPov, but the compile
crashes immediately on startup. The crash does not occur when I compile
for the POV.PPC-dbg target, but does happen for the POV.PPC target. I
have not tested any others.
Here is some info from a MacsBug StdLog:

PowerPC unmapped memory exception at 0C92D298 p2w_NewWindow+001AC

And a short chunk of the calling chain:
   03AEA488    03AEA480    PPC   0C90F9D0 main+0000C
   03AEA478    03AEA470    PPC   00216570 NewRoutineDescriptor+00030
   03AEA474    03AEA470    68K   FFC3C71E _DateToSeconds+00F06
   03AEA464                PPC   002165E0 NewRoutineDescriptor+000A0
   03AEA448    03AEA440    PPC   0C90FAA4 InitializeApp+00084
   03AEA3F8    03AEA3F0    PPC   0E258278 RegisterAppearanceClient+000C4

   03AEA3E8    03AEA3E0    PPC   0C91FF50 InitMoreAppStuff+00248
   03AEA3C4                68K   001E0ECE 'scod BFAF 0002'+05ACE
   03AEA3A8    03AEA3A0    PPC   0C92CDF0 p2w_Init+00058
   03AEA388    03AEA380    PPC   0C92132C ForceRectOnScreen+00160
   03AEA368    03AEA360    PPC   FFD57168 NewHandle+00028
   03AEA358    03AEA350    PPC   0C92D280 p2w_NewWindow+00194

It is obviously in the p2w_NewWindow() function in the file
Printf2Window.c, I think toward the end. I don't know much about ToolBox
programming, though, and can't narrow it down further. :-(
Since this is in the Mac specific source, I suspect there is a bug there
which only shows up when using the UVPov source for some reason. Maybe
this should go to the Macintosh group?

Also, in order to get it to compile, I had to comment out some lines in
photons.c because I kept getting this error:
    Error   : struct/union/enum/class tag 'byte_xyz' redefined
    photons.c line 2103   struct byte_xyz {
These are the lines I commented out:
/*typedef struct byte_xyz BYTE_XYZ;

struct byte_xyz {
  unsigned char x, y, z;
};*/

I have downloaded and installed the upgrades to the latest version of
CodeWarrior and the Universal Interfaces.

Post a reply to this message