POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Possible problem in Mac source : Re: Possible problem in Mac source Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible problem in Mac source
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Nov 1999 17:26:14
Message: <382de586@news.povray.org>
In article <382DD8EA.259EDEF8@compuserve.com> , Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom>  wrote:

> It is obviously in the p2w_NewWindow() function in the file
> Printf2Window.c, I think toward the end. I don't know much about ToolBox
> programming, though, and can't narrow it down further. :-(
> Since this is in the Mac specific source, I suspect there is a bug there
> which only shows up when using the UVPov source for some reason.

Well, this code has been in there for eigth years now and gets called every
time, and it looks OK but might have problems when it runs out of memory.
Also, if your heap gets corrupted, a program gets unpredictable, which
explains why you can't find the porblem in debug mode.

First you should check if

p2wWPtr = (p2w_WindowPtr_t)NewPtr(sizeof(p2w_WindowRecord_t));

in p2w_NewWindow returns a valid pointer. Also make sure your heap is still
intact.

You can check if the heap is still intact if you type "hc" as soon as you
drop into MacsBug.

>    Error   : struct/union/enum/class tag 'byte_xyz' redefined
>    photons.c line 2103   struct byte_xyz {
>These are the lines I commented out:
>/*typedef struct byte_xyz BYTE_XYZ;
>
>struct byte_xyz {
>  unsigned char x, y, z;
>};*/

The error message says it all, just search all the other include files to
see where it is defined.

>Maybe this should go to the Macintosh group?

I think this group is just fine.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde