POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Possible problem in Mac source : Re: Possible problem in Mac source Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible problem in Mac source
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Nov 1999 01:20:39
Message: <382e54b7@news.povray.org>
In article <382DD8EA.259EDEF8@compuserve.com> , Chris Huff
<Chr### [at] compuservecom>  wrote:

> I have been trying to compile a Mac version of UVPov, but the compile
> crashes immediately on startup. The crash does not occur when I compile
> for the POV.PPC-dbg target, but does happen for the POV.PPC target. I
> have not tested any others.

The problem is the too long version string macro POV_RAY_VERSION which is
copied into just 16 bytes of memory in function CreateSplashScreen in
SplashScreen.c. Just change the size of povVers to 32.

BTW, you can get the same crash in debug mode: Just make sure both,
"POV.PPC" and "POV.PPC-dbg", use the same compiler settings. To do so make
sure the settings in the "PPC Processor" and "Global Optimisations" tabs in
the target settings are the same.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde