POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : English style? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  English style? (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Close.
Date: 12 Sep 1999 21:23:18
Message: <37DC5199.FFDA8A82@pacbell.net>
"Edward C." wrote:

> I apologise for the stir my initial post caused here, I had a simple
> question, which I decided to make a little more interesting with some sort
> of humour.  A great deal of that humour was interpereted as nasty little
> digs (which in hindsight, is exactly how it is written).  In future I will
> try to keep my humour a little more conventional.
> As for resolving the question, I will use either YYYYMMDD format or DD.MM.YY
> format as appropriate.
> I will not post to this thread again, and will cancel what I have posted,
> including this message, within a week.
>
> P.S.  In future, if I make, or anyone else makes a comment which sounds
> inappropriate, it is probably a good idea to assume, at least initially,
> that they are trying to be funny.  I don't think anyone comes here just to
> be rude.

Edward,

  I took your message as partly humorous :) and perhaps my one reply :)
lacked in the needed quantity of smiley's :) :) to convey my one stance
on the date issue. Personaly if I were you I would wait to cancel your
message at least until Ron comes online tommorrow morning and let's you
know what the povray source code dating convention is :)

You must also remember :) that Americans such as myself :) are arrogant
and head strong :) and we staunchly defend our position on such things :)
right or wrong :) Don't take it personaly :)

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: