POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : English style? : Re: English style? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: English style?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 19 Sep 1999 14:31:44
Message: <XCrlNwMI2IOrPCbdLrJKRA+=6Nos@4ax.com>
On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:05:36 -0800, "Mr. Art" <mr.### [at] gcinet> wrote:

>Even though I was born in the US and am a product
>of public education here, I have adjusted to the more
>"logical(?)" DD/MM/YY format. To me, it is a mater of
>going from the smallest unit to the largest unit.
>If it helps you to understand, I also model in 1=1 meter
>scale, if I can get away with it I use a 24 hr clock, and a
>Dvorak keyboard. I guess that I am not the "standerd
>American".
>Mr. Art

Hmmm...

If you truly want "logical", adopt the standard of YYYYMMDD for dates.
I applaud you for using meters as your metric of choice. It's also a
good sign that you see advantages to the 24hr clock. However, wasn't
the Dvorak keyboard shown in independent testing to *not* have the
advantages claimed for it by it's inventor? Now, if you had said you
like chord keyboards for their innovation and potential for one-handed
operation, I would have given you extra points.    :)

Later,
Glen Berry

To reply via email, remove the "7" from nos### [at] ezwvcom