POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : English style? : Re: English style? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: English style?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 19 Sep 1999 14:22:52
Message: <nSjlN2yjGYUYYtJYX7Zt5K9Be2+E@4ax.com>
On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:48:49 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Matt Giwer wrote:
>
>>         Any rational person writes YYMMDD so tha core sorting routines
>> can be used.
>
>Only programmers are conceited enough to think that the rest of the world
>should be structured for their convenience where dates are concerned.

Well Ken, what does that make me? I prefer the YYMMDD system for many
things myself. I don't consider myself a programmer though. I'm also
not Japanese, nor do I have any significant connection to Japan or
Japanese culture.

That ISO standard simply made a lot of sense to me. I suppose this
makes me "logical" ?         :)

later,
Glen

To reply via email, remove the "7" from nos### [at] ezwvcom