POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Blob to mesh patch! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Blob to mesh patch! (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Arne Haglund
Subject: Blob to mesh patch!
Date: 1 Aug 1999 11:28:05
Message: <37A46453.EB6EA7DA@tninet.se>
Hi everyone!

The first super ultra alpha patch of my blob to mesh patch is finally
done. It works ok right now, but I haven't tested it much yet.
I posted a test image in p.b.i so go take a look or just read some more
'bout it there.

Must sleep now... =)
/Anders

Post a reply to this message

Arne Haglund <arn### [at] tninetse> wrote:
: The first super ultra alpha patch of my blob to mesh patch is finally
: done. It works ok right now, but I haven't tested it much yet.
: I posted a test image in p.b.i so go take a look or just read some more
: 'bout it there.

  What are the advantages of converting (internally?) a blob to a mesh?
  I can only think of disadvantages (more inaccurate blobs, no interior
(can't be used in csg, etc), takes more memory, slows down the parsing...)