POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : fps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  fps (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Shay
Subject: fps
Date: 16 Sep 2013 16:45:00
Message: <web.52376dbb552837f04aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>
So, Scientific American is excited about the mental benefits of video games.
Which video games? Maybe all of them, but the ones being tested are first-person
shooters. That's a drag, because, in my limited experience, there's no other
style of video game with less video game in it. I tried Bioshock: not only is it
almost as much "playing pretend" as it is playing a game, but a decent portion
of the game you do get to play is a shitty puzzle game. I guess they spent all
their development time on the graphics.

Are there any actual fps video games (not bedtime stories) available for ps3
(first choice) or Steam, or did the industry take a permanent wrong turn after
Doom?

-Shay

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:44:43 -0400, Shay wrote:

> Are there any actual fps video games (not bedtime stories) available for
> ps3 (first choice) or Steam,

I guess that depends on what specifically you're looking for.

I enjoyed Portal 2, and have spent an awful lot of time playing
Borderlands 2.

Jim

Post a reply to this message