POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : fps : Re: fps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fps
From: Warp
Date: 17 Sep 2013 14:33:02
Message: <5238a05e@news.povray.org>
Shay <non### [at] nonenone> wrote:
> "Warp"  wrote in message news:523872f2@news.povray.org...
> > I honestly can't understand what is it that you are looking for.

> I suppose I'm looking for a fps with the sensibility of non-fps genres
> (e.g., you don't have to walk 15 minutes between levels in a dual-stick
> shooter).

> I want to spend the overwhelming majority of time, well, first-person
> shooting. The other (specific to fps?) elements--the long walks, the stone
> turning, and the oh-so-immersive puzzle games--are, in my opinion, time
> better-spent somewhere else.

I'm still having hard time understanding whether you want a rail shooter
or a wide open sandbox, a game with an immersive storyline or a game with
basically no storyline at all. I still can't really grasp what exactly
you are looking for.

> !!!!! And I CAN'T BELIEVE the
> push-on-every-wall-to-check-for-hidden-passages concept from 1982's
> "Wizardry" exists to this day in the form of the
> check-every-drawer-for-money-and-clues tedium of "Bioshock" (and many others
> I'm sure) !!!!!

You are basing your opinion on current FPS games on one single example?

(Besides, you don't have to check every drawer in Bioshock if you don't
want to.)

--
                                                          - Warp